HOW TO DETOX THE GLAND in our BRAIN that controls SLEEP, AGING
Pineal Gland & Our State of Mind
By Adriana Ayales
The Pineal Gland is a tiny pea sized gland located in the center of our brain, and happens to be one of the master endocrine glands that controls many aspects of our everyday life. Although its not fully understood, one of its main functions is to secrete melatonin, a hormone best known for regulating our sleep patterning and our circadian rhythm. There’s hundreds of accounts written by ancient cultures all over the world on the esoteric and anatomical mysteries on this precious gland. And, although modern scientists have observed how the pineal gland secretes essentials like melatonin, serotonin (our sense of happiness) and DMT (the spirit molecule) many of its roles remain a mystery. MELATONIN + THE PINEAL
Melatonin is primarily secreted by the pineal gland and it’s the chemical known to dictate our sleep-wake cycle, mood, immune function and circadian rhythms and the quality and quantity of our sleep. Melatonin is known as an anti-aging and anti-stress agent because it both suppresses cortisol and is a powerful antioxidant. The production of melatonin is activated by darkness and inhibited by light. Once released, melatonin circulates through the brain via the cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) and enters nearby blood vessels for distribution to the rest of the body. When melatonin levels are disrupted, people can experience mood swings, depression, seasonal disorders, exhaustion and rapid aging.
SEROTONIN / DMT / PINOLINE
A healthy and activate pineal gland also metabolizes other essential neurochemicals that coordinate physical and emotional processes, like serotonin. The pineal gland, and the assistance of the endocrine system, play a key role in the production of these neurochemicals because it has one of the highest concentrations of serotonin in the body, and serotonin is a critical precursor to them. These neurochemicals, including the infamous DMT (the spirit molecule) and pinoline, are said to connect the Mind to the Heart. Both pinoline and DMT, are "psychoactive" when experienced first-hand, as they cause changes in perception, mood, consciousness, cognition, and behavior when secreted. DMT is experienced during extra-ordinary moments such as in deep meditation, birth, death, lucid dreaming, sexual ecstasy, extreme physical stress, and near-death experiences.
Calcification Of The Pineal Gland
Like anything in nature, our pineal gland under-performs when it's poorly maintained, under stress and exposed to toxicity. “Calcification” can occur, where the pineal gland becomes hardened, inhibited and deteriorated. Most of us unfortunately live in a world that exposes us to many forms of toxicity that ultimately contributes to our stress — like agricultural toxicity, environmental toxicity, energetic toxicity, triggering our emotional, mental and physical stress. Different stressors contribute to the over-production of stress hormones, leading to multiple organ depletion, and a calcified pineal gland.
Pineal gland cysts or calcification may be found in up to 60% of people. Calcification can be very serious as it can greatly contribute to endocrine disorders (our stress response system) and low melatonin production, which is linked to many illnesses, such as rapid aging, migraines, stroke, schizophrenia, breast and prostate cancer, stroke, etc.
6 Foods That Nourish the Pineal Gland
1. VITAMIN K1/K2. K1 is primary vitamin found in most green leafy vegetables. K2 is created by microflora in the intestines, and is found in foods like eggs yolks, chicken or goose livers, sauerkraut, fish oils (omega 3).
2. IODINE. Studies have shown that iodine eliminates sodium fluoride through the urine. Most people are deficient to iodine, so eating iodine-rich foods, like seaweed is essential to basic pineal maintenance. Be aware that iodine naturally lowers iron and calcium, so be sure to eat plenty of dark green foods to increase calcium and iron.
3. GARLIC. Raw garlic is known to detoxify the pineal gland by dissolving excessive calcium (calcification).
4. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. Raw apple cider vinegar is high in malic acid which detoxifies this gland, so you can add it to salads, soups, salad dressings and beyond and enjoy its benefits.
5. TAMARIND. Tamarind is commonly used in the Ayurveda and Central-South American cultures as not only is it delicious it has been effectively used to eliminate fluoride through the urine.
6. ACTIVATED CHARCOAL. Known for its ability to bind to certain poisons, heavy metals, and other toxins and flush them from your body, making it a wonder substance for acute and general detoxification.
8 Herbal Medicines that Detox + Activate + Protect The Pineal Gland
1. MILK THISTLE. [Detoxifier] Contains powerful antioxidants proven to be highly effective in liver detoxification, removal of heavy metals, prescription medications, chemotherapy, radiation, environmental pollution, and so much. Milk thistle in combo with other "scavanger-type" herbal allies like burdock, dandelion and turmeric, works extraordinarily well.
2. MORINGA. [ Detoxifier + Activator ] Moringa leaf, seeds and bark has been used as a natural water filter as a solution in many countries where it naturally grows and there is soiled or toxic water. Moringa also assists in removing harmful bacteria and toxins from bodies of water.
3. CHAGA. [ Detoxifier and Protector ] Chaga provides high doses of melatonin and melanin which can play a critical role in pineal gland health. It also is well known and studied for its anti-tumoral properties, along with its profound ability to help fight against bacterial infection. In a study, both hot water and ethanol extracts of Chaga (broken cell wall) are able to kill bacterial and fungal cells in cell culture.
4. ALGAE. [ Detoxifier, Activator and Protector ] Chlorella, Spirulina + Blue Green algae are known to powerfully detoxify the body, as well as bind to heavy metals. Chlorophyll-dense superfoods remove toxic waste, including heavy metal toxicity increasing oxygen levels, repair damaged tissue, and boost the immune system. Plus, by boosting oxygen and immune function, it helps the body reverse pineal gland calcification.
5. TURMERIC [ Detoxifier and Protector ] Supplementation with curcumin (one of the active compounds in turmeric) significantly reduces the toxic effect of fluoride to near normal levels by augmenting the antioxidant defense through its scavenging properties. Turmeric is also known for its therapeutic role against oxidative stress and prevention against neurodegeneration.
6. MUCUNA [ Activator + Protector ] Mucuna has a gentle balancing effect on the brain, hormonal and limbic systems. Although it's greatly known to boost dopamine production, it assists the pineal, pituitary and hypothalamus glands. Studies have shown that Mucuna can be a precursor to the fellow neurotransmitters that originate in the pineal gland.
7. BLUE LOTUS [ Super-Activator ] This beautiful purple-blue flower is highly valued for its oneirogenic dream inducing) properties. Ancient Egyptians worshipped this flower for its analgesic (pain relief), pineal and pituitary boosting properties. It's also valued for its regulating effects on the endocrine and limbic systems.
8. ST JOHNS WORT. [ Activating ] St. John's wort inhibits the uptake of serotonin, dopamine, GABA, glutamate and norepinephrine. Inhibiting the neuronal uptake of these neurotransmitters can have a profound effect on depression, anxiety and overall mood. St. Johns helps alleviate symptoms of stress by influencing neurotransmitter and genes that controls our endocrine system (HPA axis).